Thursday, September 2, 2010

Ryder's Dad

Hey everybody. Les here.  I just want to thank Mary, Jenny and my wife Denise, whom I love with all of my heart, for developing this awesome medium to communicate with everyone about the challenges that our family is dealing with. I have always felt blessed to have such a wonderful family and community of friends who are sincere in their dedication to the well-being of our family. I am not the most expressive or touchy-feely guy but I want everyone to know that I appreciate your support and friendship and sincerely extend my love to you for your compassion.

Throughout my adolecense and young adult years my younger brother battled leukemia and our family experienced the ups and downs of a young life in jeopardy. This experience steeled me to probable tragedy and because of this I find it impossible to consider what horrible thing might happen, conciously I am aware of all of the possibilities but I refuse to dwell on the negative. I can seem cold at times but I refuse to entertain any delusions about the reality of this situation and the reality is that we really don't know what Ryder's condition or prognosis is. Because of this I will move forward as if the best possible scenario is the reality and raise my boy as if he is the next Chuck Yeager who only needs my high expectations and some wrestling on the floor to realize his potential.

1 comment:

  1. My heart is breaking... I had the pleasure of watching baby Ryder for quite some time..He was a happy baby...Lit up when daddy would pick him up. I cannot express how my heart, love , and support are here for you and your family...if there are appointments you need to get to with Ryder..I would be happy to care for Noah..just say the word! God bless you and we are Praying Big for you all.... Love Miss Jen and Family

    ReplyDelete