Sunday, October 3, 2010

Skipped last week....redo this week

Ryder was sick last week so I canceled and rescheduled lots of appointments. His fever was 103.8 on Wednesday. I called the doctor and she said to watch him close for 24 hours and keep him hydrated. By Thursday his temp was down to 102.3 so I called the doctor and we decided to watch him one more day (he was sleeping soooo much, thought he was on the mend). Friday his fever was still 102 so I brought him to the doctor before the weekend. Poor little guy had a double ear infection. One of his ear drums burst (3x now!!!), but he had such a huge build up of wax and pus that I didn't notice any fluid leaking out. The doctor said she hasn't ever seen that much ear gunk in anyone--yuck! I couldn't see anything since it was so deep down. He also had puss pockets in the back of his throat and was very dehydrated (lots of diarrhea and wouldn't drink/eat for me). The doctor gave me 24 hours to hydrate him or I would have had to bring him in for an IV. Luckily, we were able to syringe enough liquids down him so that he had 3 wet diapers. He has been sleeping almost all day and night since Wednesday. He's on antibiotics and Tylenol. Seems to be in better spirits so I'm hoping for a better week. Lots to do w/PT, EEG, vision therapist eval this week.

2 comments:

  1. Poor little guy :( Glad to hear there was a reason for his high temp. Hopefully this will be a good week since he has some meds to clear it up. :) Tubes may be in the near future....
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm back. I had 10 people throwing up at my house yesterday. I was on laundry detail. All the gunk in his ear tells me he has had an ear infection for quite some time. Probably not enough to blow his eardrum but enough to build up wax. The eardrum perferateing is good in that it releases all this gunk (poison) preventing it from backing up into the chochlia (sp) or infecting the mastoid bone. Go for tubes if they offer.

    ReplyDelete