Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Latest results

The 3rd and final PMD test came back normal! On to the next leukodystrophy.....Each time I hear results I have such mixed emotions. Actually, I've been an emotional wreck the past 2 days!!! I've broke down crying during his therapy sessions. For some reason he has had a very difficult last few days. He has been unbalanced and falling a lot. His nystagmus is very apparent and his tremors where obvious. He has been choking a lot on his food as well. I think there is a place in the back of my mind watching for signs of the "regression" to start (characteristic in leukodystrophy.) It's a horrible thought and feeling to have, but when I watch him struggle so much like the past few days, I find myself wondering if this is it.

Ryder got his pediatric walker yesterday--I've never seen anything so little! I'll post a picture soon. He's doing well with it so far. He is working on how to turn with it now.

He continues to think he is 2 and give major attitude! Soooo funny (little stinker!) He is still my cuddle bug though:)

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day and he will get his strength and steadiness back.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear that the test came back normal, but so sorry to hear that he is having some rough days. It is so hard to watch them go through this. I sure hope that today will be a better one for you for you and Ryder.

    ReplyDelete