Thursday, September 16, 2010

AAAARRRRRRRRR venting:)

so much for going to bed early!! I am EXTREMELY POed right now!!!!!!!!!!! Got a requested copy of Ryder's medical records from neuro's office and just read through it before I laid down. I found A LOT of errors in the ordered blood test from Sonoran Lab---both times I took him (they called informing me they made a mistake the first time) Some errors were typo's--wrong spelling of last name on patient ID. The errors I'm concerned about are that several test reported that he was NOT fasting--which in fact he was as we were told to do. A lot of results came back w/deficiencies or higher than normal levels. Other reports say U (does this mean unsure?) for fasting when he wasn't fasting. I am concerned that these errors really threw off the results!!!!!!! If I have to take my poor little guy to get even more blood drawn I will be having a bawling fit for everyone----AAAARRRRRR (of course not in front of Ryder;)

Nurse friends----can this mistake throw off accurate results????? Sooo glad I requested reports:) I have actually been given a hard time about getting these reports--when I know it's my right to have them!!!

k--good night for real this time--I have another long day tomorrow it looks like;)

3 comments:

  1. Hi- I am soo sorry about this.. You have every right to get those results and as a mom, you also had a sinking feeling that you needed them.. And you were right.. I do not understand people sometime, but we are lukcy in this world to have someone like you, who cares, understand, is observant and knows what is going on.. Can we recreate you, Denise a couple of times so that the world would be a better and more positive place....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Denise,

    I have been tracking Ryder's progress everyday by your blog. I have been keeping Paul updated on what is going on. I hope Les and you are staying strong. You are right to get copies of Ryder's tests. When I was working as a nurse one of the ladies that had a sick child told me some greatest advice that I will definitely do when I have children. She had a binder and opened it up for me and it was every doctor visit, blood test, results from MRI's, everything since her son was born including his delivery chart. She told me when I have kids to do the same thing. When something goes wrong or happens to your child, you have every piece of information on you. It goes with you doctor to doctor and nothing gets lost. I have to tell you that medical records get lost, have major errors and it can mean life or death. Please get a binder and start collecting every medical record he has. If something doesn't look right or there is an error highlight it. A good physician will take the time and look over every medical record there is and will answer all of your highlighted questions. If something doesn't seem right make notes in the binder. I hope the seizures don't get worse, and please let Paul and me know if you need anything. Love and Prayers,
    Breanna and Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breanna is sooo right. As a mom you learn to read the doctors charts upside down. Things do get lost and when the doctor orders tests, ask for a copy of the orders. If they get lost in the faxing etc., you've got a copy. I know that with the computer you can do so much research now than what was available to me. It can be good but also bad. A pamplet the doctor gave me the first day in the hospital told the story of a child who died from leukemia. He died the second page then went on to tell the story. What a kick in the gut. These stories or research is NOT your baby. Your baby has two loving parents who will put their all into finding Ryders own personal journey. You are Ryders advocate. This can be very difficult because most of us were raised to revere the medical establishment. They are not gods. They do their best but are failable. You must stand in the gap. When PJ was at the Childrens Hosp. at Good Sam it was excellent. When Louie broke his arm in Phx. three years ago I was not pleased by the change. They even wanted me to stay out of xray. Who and what army will make me? You go girl. I'm glad you are takeing the time off work. Takeing care of a sick child is 24/7. Its the waiting rooms that drive me nuts. Take along a beach bag full of snacks, drinks, toys, reading material etc. Just assume you will be spending the next year with moss growing over you since you are moving so slowly to the doctors door. I love you all and I'll try to keep in touch. Love, mom

    ReplyDelete