Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Little bit of news

I spoke with neuro's office this afternoon. I left a few messages for him yesterday so he called me back. Only a few of the results we are waiting on are in so he wasn't able to tell me much. From just a couple test, he said that Ryder's thyroid and cholesterol are good. That outruled an cholesterol enzyme deficiancy. He said his liver enzyme was slightly high. He will be meeting with a team of pediatric neurologist on Monday (13th) and bring Ryder's scans to discuss. I am happy that several awesome neuro's are working together. I have heard A LOT of wonderful things about Barrows. Neuro was interested in learning more about Ryder's cousin's illness, thinking there may be a possible connection. His cousin has dermatomycitis. Neuro said he wanted to also consider Kearns-Sayre disorder (after learning about his cousin)which also causes nystagmus and is a white brain matter disorder. However, after researching it, I don't believe the symptoms fit Ryder. Kearns-Sayre disorder doesn't have treatments or a better outcome either..so I don't mind ruling that out! Other than that, the doctor expects the test to take up to 6 more weeks:( I am not a patient waiter!!!!!! I asked how I can speed things up and he said there is no way. These lab test take time for cultures to grow....blah blah blah:)

2 comments:

  1. Well, you will soon find out what you need to know. What a pain to WAIT! I say blah, blah, blah too on that waiting business.
    Lots of prayers your family's way from The Millers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sucks to be on the waiting end... We are all still here with you though.. Lots of hugs and kisses. The Alaska part of the family... Hauer's and Gardner's

    ReplyDelete