Sunday, September 18, 2011

Full of LOVE

What an absolutely AMAZING experience! I am still beaming after the walk for Ryder yesterday:) It has been quite a rough year after learning about what is happening to our baby. There have been plenty of days where I've wanted to just stay in bed and cry. Let me tell you though, after yesterday- I am re-energized and have a heart so full I'm ready to welcome life's challenges, knowing we have a wonderful support system that we can lean on:)

I was so very touched by those of you that took the time out of your busy schedule to show our family that you care:) There were a few people in the middle of moving, a few sick friends/ injured, 1 that was 8 months pregnant, friends with multiple children with leukodystrophy/ special needs, supporters that have never met Ryder, but follow his blog, past and current co-workers and students, the boys football buddies and parents (they even had a game yesterday!!), old neighbors/good friends, several people drove more than an hour, while others were caught in freeway closures, old high school friends, friends of my sister, more than half w/ a full day of plans and little ones to wake up early,a lady celebrating her birthday, the 31 consultant I worked with for a while (who donated half the water!), Ryder's neurologist and wife (who had to work after the walk) and even a group of supporters in Chicago got together for a walk to show Ryder support!!! I just want you all to know that I truly appreciate you taking the time out of your day to be there for us:) It meant the WORLD to us---and I've needed that lately;) XOXOXOXOXO

I also want to give Renee and Scott another HUGE THANKS for organizing the whole event and rounding up raffle items, food and coordinating it all--Love you guys:)

For those of you that couldn't attend, thanks for the encouraging words and donations:)
I will give you the total amount raised once Renee closes the fundraiser account (I believe she said Tuesday).

I'll also upload pictures when I get them from Scott & Renee.

On a side note---Ryder fell and banged his mouth on one of the kiddie mall rides. When I got home I noticed he had chipped his tooth :( Does anyone know where I can purchase a huge bubble to keep him safe in???!!! Poor kiddo. Tyler was excited that he and Ryder have a matching chipped tooth now.

Well, I have a full day of studying (yippee:) Just wanted to share some about the walk yesterday with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment